Table of Contents
- Top 3 Affiliate Programs
- Wedding Supply Keywords Breakdown
- Need Extra Help?
Affiliate Programs, Keyword Lists, and Niche Research for Wedding Supplies
The wedding supplies niche is absolutely massive, and one would expect this being that weddings are a big time event that should always be a memorable one. Providing gifts and supplies to such a major event in many people’s lives, should make you a nice profit from your affiliate sales.
Have you ever gone to a wedding and taken note of all the little things that went into the whole celebration event? Or perhaps you are married, and remember all of the little details that you had to put up with when planning your big day? Every nuance of that day had to come from somewhere to be ordered, delivered, and presented.
In particular, I think this is an awesome industry for your online business because people spend BIG money here. This is one day where you will hear over and over again, “I want the best, and I don't care how much it costs”.
In this niche you will not have a problem coming up with keywords, there are plenty to find. Your challenge is going to be coming up with a narrower niche because wedding supplies is way too broad. In just a moment I will be giving you some examples to choose from, but first I want to explain a little more about this niche and its profit potential.
One thing to remember when viewing these trend graphs is that weddings and the supplies that support them will not really have any consistent increase in interests. But this does not mean that you should not take up this niche, because there will always be people looking for wedding supplies for either their wedding planning or the planning for others.
There will also be trends that come and go, so you should definitely investigate further than just “supplies”.
As you can see in the graph above, even the same results can be seen with wedding bouquets. Though there is no real up or down trending, the results have mostly remained high. Please note, that those sharp up and down spikes you see are the result of weddings not taking place as often around the end and beginning of the year.
Below are some more targeted niches to consider if you are thinking of starting a website about weddings. Remember, the more targeted you go, the more you'll be able to develop a web property that speaks to a specific audience, or meets a specific need.
- Table centerpieces
- Favor boxes, bags & jars
- Bouquet, boutonniere and corsages
- Cake toppers and cake server set
- Place cards & holders
- Personalized & monogrammed cocktail napkins & coasters
- Wedding wishes guest book & pen sets
- Mr. & Mrs. banners, signs & chair covers
- Wedding guest keepsakes
- Themed weddings
- Budget weddings
- Destination weddings
- Personalized glassware
- Wedding gift choices
- Best man speeches
- Wedding dresses (click to read for FULL niche research)
Top 3 Affiliate Programs
It truly is amazing to me at how many different kinds of wedding supplies there actually are. I have been to several weddings before and now that I think back to them, they all had something unique when it came to the different supplies each one had used. The personalized monogrammed wedding programs and menu cards, always convey classiness.
Some of the wedding favors that I received were quite unique. One wedding offered a selection of either a small box of green tea bags, a small jar of coffee, or a bottle of craft brew beer. I remember thinking, where do people come up with these ideas? Well the wedding affiliate programs below would be a great place to start looking.
I found in my research that there are just so many ideas out there. The wedding supplies niche has an extensive variety of unique products to offer. If you're wondering how your website could thrive in an area that seems so established and saturated, keep in mind that you're helping people! Your job is going to be helping people find the best products for their needs. At what can be an overwhelming time for newlyweds, you can make their lives a little easier.
With average orders being between $100 and $200 each as stated in a majority of the affiliate programs listed below, you should be able to rack up a nice monthly commission payment with percentages being between 5% and 15%. It's easy to see how orders can quickly add up.
- Signup URL: http://www.beau-coup.com/affiliate-program
- Focus: Everything you can think of for wedding decorations for church, receptions, and bridal showers. Napkins, cake toppers, centerpieces, favor boxes, bags, jars, coasters, guest book and pen sets, candles, indoor/outdoor lighting, place cards and holders, monogrammed glasses, cake knife set, rose petals, and much more
- Commissions: 10%
Comments: The Beau-Coup party favors affiliate program is my number one choice because they have everything, even things I have never even thought of or have seen in all the weddings I have been to. Their website is easy to navigate and they have a huge inventory of very unique items. They offer a decent 10% commission and an above average 90 day cookie.
Beau-Coup was started by a couple shortly after their wedding. Polly, one of the owners said, “I wrote the first version of the business plan on a cocktail napkin during our flight home from our Honeymoon! Having gone through the process ourselves, we knew there was a real need online for a one-stop wedding favors shop that offers unique and high quality items.”
My Wedding Favors
- Signup URL: http://www.myweddingfavors.com/affiliate
- Focus: Place cards and holders, chrome utensils with heart shaped handles, cake toppers, favor mini mason jars, keepsake gift boxes and bags, edible favors, bath & body favors, silk rose petals, crystal confetti, candles, guest book and pen sets
- Commissions: 12% to 14%
Comments: Though this affiliate program has the highest commission and cookie of the top three, it is in the number two spot because it lacks the immense size of inventory that my number one pick has. But just because it doesn't have as big or diverse an inventory, does not mean you shouldn't consider joining them. With 12-14% commission and a 120 day cookie, they are definitely worth a look.
My Wedding Favors has rapidly become a “go-to” site as brides and grooms look for the perfect way to thank their guests. Since 2004, they have strived to help every bride and groom find the perfect wedding favors. They have made a name for themselves too by being featured in Modern Bride magazine, Brides, and many others.
- Signup URL: http://www.swoozies.com/affiliate
- Focus: Monogrammed glasses, napkins, invitations, wedding programs, a variety of keepsakes and favor boxes, bags and jars, personalized his & hers champagne and wine glasses, cork screws, bottle openers, decorated candles, tealight lanterns
- Commissions: 10%
Comments: My number three pick is a company called Swoozie's. I have actually seen this store, though from the outside when visiting friends in Georgia. Swoozie's opened in Buckhead, an uptown district of Atlanta, Georgia in March of 2001. Kelly and David immersed themselves in the world of gifts and invitations for all festive occasions.
Over the years, many things have changed and the company has grown. They have created a bright and cheery website with a recognizable name and logo. After the website they created their affiliate program which offers an above average 90 day cookie. Then in 2010 the Gart Company out of Denver purchased Swoozie's and they grew some more. Now Swoozie's currently has ten locations in seven different states.
Other Affiliate Programs
- 12% to 15%
- Flowers and plants for every wedding decoration piece needed like centerpieces, bouquets, church and reception arrangements, wedding table runners, rose petals
- 10% to 15%
- Wedding pillar and ball candles, unity candle sets, tealight table candles, candle centerpieces, candle jars, candle wedding favors, candle holders
For Your Party
- Monogrammed and personalized napkins, match books, coasters, candle holders, favor bags and boxes, menu cards, champagne and wine glasses, keepsake jars
Plant a Memory
- A unique assortment of keepsakes containing bulbs and seeds or are thank you cards with organic seeds embedded in the paper, that can be planted and will grow into a flower bush, flower plant, or green plant
- Hand carved unity wedding candle sets, personalized pillar unity candles, monogrammed candles, decorated pillar candles, unity candle set holders
- Same-day fresh flower bouquets, boutonniere, corsages, table and altar centerpieces, cake décor, heart wreaths, floral baskets, floral headpieces, floral archways
Event Décor Direct
- Tablecloths, table skirts, chair covers, backdrops, event curtains and drapes, glass and crystal vases and candle holders, crystal centerpieces, chandeliers, crystal curtains
Wedding Supply Keywords Breakdown
10 Low Competition Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- monogrammed wedding favor boxes – 80/1
- where to buy wedding programs – 56/11
- cheap rose petals for weddings – 112/16
- ring bearer pillow flower girl basket set – 136/24
- precious moments wedding cake toppers – 139/42
- cheap wedding favors in bulk – 280/47
- monogrammed wedding napkins – 174/74
- wedding table centerpiece ideas – 676/82
- non floral wedding centerpieces – 178/88
- wedding bouquets online – 961/97
- …so many more! Keep searching…
10 High Traffic Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- wedding cake toppers – 10379/244
- silk flower arrangements – 9491/191
- cheap wedding favors – 9179/189
- wedding table centerpieces – 5005/155
- wedding favor boxes – 3963/132
- diy wedding decorations – 3301/173
- wedding centerpiece ideas – 3175/196
- wedding guest book – 3169/210
- wholesale wedding supplies – 3085/128
- ring bearer pillow – 2730/210
Why Is This Different From Google’s Number?
Though Google’s Keyword Tool has improved in recent years, it still gives inflated (inaccurate) traffic numbers. The keyword tool I use takes data from a variety of search engines, not just Google. Remember that Bing + Yahoo own 30% of the search market.
Other Great Keywords (high traffic, low competition)
- wedding favor supplies
- inexpensive diy wedding favor ideas
- wedding flower centerpieces
- swarovski crystal monogram wedding cake toppers
- wedding photo guest books
- mason jar wedding favor ideas
- wedding supplies services
- cascading bridal bouquets
- wedding reception centerpiece ideas
- do it yourself wedding favors
- monogram wedding cake toppers
- wedding tree guest book template
- heart shaped floral wreath
- wedding unity candle ceremony
- flower girl basket
- wedding cake knife server set
Affiliate Marketing Action Plan For Wedding Supply
As I mentioned earlier, the niche of wedding supplies is very broad and even though trends show no real inclines or declines in interests, the results remain at a steady high. Most people will continue to get married and will always need supplies to make their big and important day a memorable one.
But in all of my research I found one area that did show some increase in interest and this is in the sub niche of Do it Yourself (DIY). With all of the many different wedding supplies available, the costs can quickly add up. Many people, especially those who are crafty, have been turning to DIY wedding supplies to save money.
I did some further research into this and found dozens of videos on YouTube specifically for DIY wedding supplies. Plus one of the features of my number one selected affiliate program above, is that they offer a DIY wedding supply ideas section. This is a narrowed down niche I would approach because there seems to be many people considering this inexpensive path for wedding supplies, and it could be really fun way to reach out to people on a personal level.
This is a highly searched keyword with not a lot of competition – diy wedding decorations – 3301/173 and this tells me that it is the focused niche to start with. There are so many things you can make by yourself to help save people money yet still provide festive decorations and make a profit for yourself. The DIY genre is an out-of-the-box narrow approach to a very broad niche.
It's also easily expandable to related topics. Just by searching in my keyword tool I found awesome ideas like
- diy outdoor wedding decorations
- diy wedding favor ideas
- do it yourself wedding video
- diy wedding cake
- diy wedding bouquets
- diy wedding programs templates
- …and so many more!