Affiliate Programs, Keyword Lists, and Niche Research for Massage
The niche of massage is one that can be quite rewarding for many reasons. Some of the products can cost in the thousands of dollars which means higher affiliate commissions for you. Another reason is your customers can be a professional masseuse or just an average customer. Plus many of the sub niches can be combined to reach a more specific audience, or to build a more generalized site and increase revenue streams.
Massage is a very popular form of relaxation and recovery from athletic and stress related issues with the human body on a day-to-day basis. Massage Envy in the graph above is a perfect example of just how popular massage has become within the past 7-8 years. As more people experience the wonders of massage, it is becoming more widespread.
Though there are many forms of massage, traditional Korean massage, or Ji-ap, incorporates techniques of Swedish, Shiatsu and Thai massage. It is usually a deep tissue massage and in some cases involves aggressive salt scrubs to cleanse the skin. But many people are opting for more immediate and convenient forms of massage and are buying massage chairs for home.
This is a particular sub niche that can be quite lucrative, especially since chairs cost big money. But another very popular sub niche that will generate a ton of repeat customers is that of massage oils, lotions and gels, all which are needed for an effective massage. Specialty blends like coconut and other naturals are very popular.
I do not foresee you having any problems finding sub niches that can generate nice profits for you in the massage affiliate niche. There are many categories to choose from and they can be as specific as all natural massage oil. And in this case, as is with massage and day spas, they use products from the aromatherapy niche in a big way.
However finding good high traffic keywords with low enough competition and QSR values will be a bit of a problem. I didn’t find as many as I thought I would. Now as for the low completion keywords, they were fairly easy to find especially when being niche or product specific. Finding sub niches will not be hard, you will have plenty, and I will list some below.
- Portable massage tables
- Electric personal massagers
- Essential oils
- Massage oils, lotions and creams
- Training for massage therapy
- Linen for massage tables
- Massage gift sets and day spa appointments
- Heated foot massager
- Zero gravity massage chairs
- Body specific self-massagers
- Massage instructional DVDs
- Portable massage chairs
- Massage stones and rollers
Top 3 Affiliate Programs
There are definitely no shortages of available affiliate programs having to do with the niche of massage in some form or another. Being that your customers will more than likely be both professionals and average consumers, you will have a multitude of products to offer for a variety of the sub niches listed above.
Below I have chosen a good mix of programs based on both research and from a personal recommendation from a neighbor of mine. The rave review he gave for my number 2 selection below certainly did not rub me the wrong way (lol). In fact I was able to massage it into the number 2 spot based on a personal experience, more on that in just a bit.
With commissions ranging between 5 and 30 percent and with some items costing as much as $6,500.00, that is some major cha-ching for your affiliate marketing efforts. Not only can you benefit from the affiliate sales but you could benefit from the products too. As you will read below, even I am interested in this niche and if I had time, I would start another niche website.
- Signup URL: http://www.massagetools.com/affiliates
- Focus: Massage and Day Spa portable table, chairs and accessories, reclining zero gravity chairs, cushions, liners, carrying cases, oils, lotions, creams, instructional DVDs, electric and handheld massagers, aromatherapy supply equipment
- Commissions: 8%
Comments: In 2005 MassageTools.com opened their own Day Spa in the Northern California Bay Area called Bella Nirvana. It was started to further the dream of making a real and direct impact on their customer's well-being. Who can better help you than someone who has “been there and done that” in the niche of massage? Plus they use many of the products sold on this website. The successes they have had with the quality of products makes them one of the leaders in their field.
Finding the best professional and home massage tools, spa products and medical equipment is simple when you shop at MassageTools. Because of this and their attractive looking website, I feel that many people into massage will want to buy from them. This affiliate program offers a generous 90 day cookie and top-notch affiliate resources. Considering all of the above, along with their catalog and website, I have chosen MassageTools.com as my number one selection.
- Signup URL: http://massagechairs.com/store/affiliate
- Focus: Stationary and portable massage chairs, zero gravity chairs, massage cushions, foot massagers, neck and shoulder massagers, handheld massagers, stationary and portable massage tables, table carrying case, massage pillows and cushions, spa equipment, accessories
- Commissions: 5% to 7% depending on sales amounts
Comments: It was a toss-up between my number one selection above and MassageChairs.com here in the number 2 spot because both affiliate programs offer a wide variety of massage related products within their respective niches. The only reason this program is #2 on my list is because of the lower commission, only 1% to 3% less, but they do offer an above average 60 day cookie.
I must admit that I am pretty excited about this company because of the rave reviews I have personally heard from my next-door neighbor, who bought his reclining Osaki OS-4000 zero gravity massage chair from them. I got a chance to sit in it. Let me put it to you this way, I WANT ONE! And on top of the quality, all items are shipped for free! I feel this will make it a very attractive sell for people willing to spend big money.
- Signup URL: http://massagetrack.com/affiliate-program
- Focus: Massage Track Self Massage Tools for back, neck, feet, hands and elbows
- Commissions: 10%
Comments: The Massage Track tools were invented by Eric, couldn't find his last name, who at 47 has a rare condition which causes tightness in his muscles and connective tissues. This is more than a nuisance for him, but a blessing for you because his body is the perfect sandbox for developing exceptional deep tissue massage tools. He created Massage Track for relief when he was really desperate and has used it nearly every day since. Now so are many people in over 35 countries.
I found the website to be visually appealing, even while watching the 10 minute video on the home page which describes the Massage Track. Maybe it was because of the footage showing various outdoor activities or just the simple ingenious design of this product, but I believe many will get excited about this self-massage product. With all of that, the 10% commission and 30 day cookie, Massage Track comes in at number 3 on my list for affiliate programs.
Other Affiliate Programs
- Training for passing the Massage National Exams
- Spa and massage oils, lotions, creams, gels, scrubs, massage kits, gift sets
Golf Ball Massage
- Handheld golf ball and gem ball massagers, massager waist and carrying pouch, extra balls, training DVDs
- Massage tables, chairs & accessories, table linens, lotions, oils, creams, gels, towels & towel warmers, stone and aroma therapy supplies, spa wear, handheld massagers, massage kits
- The Stick and related accessories handheld self-massager used by athletes in both professional and amateur sports and athletics
Massage Chair Deals
- Various massage chair models such as recliners, zero gravity and inversion, plus accessories
World Massage Conference
- A 40-hour at-home online training course for all forms of body massage from leading experts
Massage Keywords Breakdown
10 Low Competition Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- portable massage tables sale – 299/13
- best organic massage oil – 80/18
- oster hand held massager – 128/25
- certified massage therapy training – 96/31
- brookstone zero gravity massage chair – 88/31
- what is the best massage chair – 1207/39
- zero gravity massage chair reviews – 86/45
- massage envy day spa – 3947/51
- hand held body massagers – 306/53
- earthlite spirit massage table – 103/55
10 High Traffic Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- massage envy spa – 10115/184
- exotic massage – 8502/152
- korean massage – 7290/198
- ijoy massage chair – 5656/176
- massage table – 5228/181
- licensed massage therapist – 3461/250
- massage therapy training – 2725/251
- portable massage table – 2714/141
- body back buddy self massage tool – 1258/147
- the best massage chair – 1207/180
Why Is This Different From Google’s Number?
Though Google’s Keyword Tool has improved in recent years, it still gives inflated (inaccurate) traffic numbers. The keyword tool I use takes data from a variety of search engines, not just Google. Remember that Bing + Yahoo own 30% of the search market.
Other Great Keywords (high traffic, low competition)
- full body massage chair
- lymphatic drainage massage training
- massage day spa near me
- dr scholl heated foot massager
- homedics foot massager
- shiatsu massage chair
- human touch massage chair
- portable massage chair
- find a massage therapist
- massage therapy programs
- muscle massage roller
- compare massage chairs
- best zero gravity massage chair
- the stick massager
- korean body massage
Affiliate Marketing Action Plan For Massage
With such a wide selection of products to choose from in this very diverse niche, you should try to focus on a specific aspect of massage, like one of the many sub niches I have listed above. Either go with what you know or are interested in researching. Don’t be afraid to think that your focus is too narrow because down the line you can promote more broadly if need be.
Since I have an interest in this niche after experiencing my neighbor’s zero gravity massage chair, I will explain how I would approach this niche. Obviously I am not saying you should do exactly what I would do, but use this as a guideline. Seeing how I had a positive experience with a particular sub niche of massage I would promote massage chairs for the home.
Being that massage is quite popular and people are spending big bucks to go to spas, many are also looking to make a nice investment for their homes to save money. Buying a zero gravity massage chair like my neighbor’s, is the way to go. And when you consider that most zero gravity chairs start at $1,500.00 and go up from there, that can be nice affiliate profits for you.
I would do reviews of course, but that may be hard if you haven't tried all the chairs. Be sure to check out my post how to write product reviews of things you don't own. That doesn't mean you can't try out these chairs in the store with a little bit of guerrilla research. I would compare and contrast features, so that consumers can buy the best chair for themselves!