Affiliate Programs, Keyword Lists, and Niche Research for Aromatherapy
The use of Aromatherapy as a form of medicine dates back thousands of years and is still in use today in both Chinese herbal and Ayurvedic medicines. Currently in both France and Japan, aromatherapy is an established medical field that treats many conditions such as mood, stress, diabetes and seizure disorders.
With thousands of documented scientific studies authenticating its effectiveness in Europe and Asia, here in the United States aromatherapy is still in its infant stages. This can be the sweet smell of success for the affiliate marketer in the niche of aromatherapy. With many looking for effective alternative medicines, aromatherapy could be a big money maker.
One thing is for certain, you will not have a problem finding low competition keywords for this niche. Because it is still a relatively young niche here in the west and because of the many uses of aromatherapy, I had no problems finding relevant keywords, especially of the low competition variety.
One of the primary tools of aromatherapy is essential oils, as well as a host of other fragrant products which I will list in my sub niches and related products below. To learn more about essential oils, check out my blog about my analysis of the essential oils niches. These types of all-natural aroma oils are used for many things you probably use in your home right now, but in aromatherapy are used medicinally for the mind, body & soul.
The sense of smell is powerful. Walk into a bakery and the smell makes you want to eat some cake or cookies. Smell some fresh cinnamon and you may think back to your mom’s baked apple pie. With aromas tied to our brain activity, many healing properties can take place in the body.
Finding out what ailments people have and presenting aromatherapy as a solution is a fantastic angle to take when creating your website. Stress is one huge topic worth looking into, but there are many more to explore like depression, anxiety, and lethargy.
One of the many documented natural treatments for stress is the smell of lavender. This particular kind of essential oil can be found in many products that all produce a calming effect. When used in aromatherapy, mainly through inhalation by way of an oil diffuser, one can alter their mood and stress levels.
When stress levels are reduced, many other health issues like high blood pressure can be positively affected. This brings about a better balance between all aspects of a person’s health life energies, or what is referred to as Qi (Chi) in Chinese medicine. All of these topics are potential paths to take and topics to write about in your niche site.
Alternative medicine is one of those topics that could allow you to publish 3 articles a day for an entire year and never run out of things to say.
Knowing all of the different aspects and tools used in aromatherapy, as well as its growing popularity and inclusion as integrative medicine, this presents many different kinds of sub niches to choose from. Below is a list of sub niches to look into. When trying to narrow down your niche remember that aromatherapy is much more than inhaling essential oils.
- Aromatherapy Candles
- Natural herbal incense
- Aromatherapy for chronic diseases
- Oil diffuser nebulizer humidifier
- Ceramic oil burners
- Aromatherapy for mood, stress & anxiety
- Reed diffusers
- Aromatherapy soaps
- Diffuser jewelry
- Natural remedies for pain and inflammation
Top 3 Affiliate Programs
There really wasn’t that much that influenced my choices of the following affiliate programs other than the selection of what they offered on their websites. Though the majority of the websites were no hassle to browse and presented their products in an easy to find manner, my number one selection below is the only website I really liked as far as presentation. It was a relaxing Zen-feeling website to browse.
Most of the affiliate programs below either offer a wide variety of aromatherapy products like oils, diffusers, burners, incense and candles or they are specific to one kind of fragrant modality. However all of them offer the two main products of aromatherapy and they are essential oils and diffusers.
- Signup URL: http://puzhen.com/affiliate-program
- Focus: High quality aromatherapy oil diffusers, musical diffusers, essential oils, Pu-erh tea, Chinese Jun porcelain products
- Commissions: 20%
Comments: Puzhen was created in 1995 and offer their unique aromatherapy diffusers, black teas, Jun kiln porcelain, and essential oils which enable you to achieve equilibrium of body, mind, and soul, with the spirit of ancient China for today’s lifestyle. I have chosen Puzhen as my number one selection mainly for two reasons, their website and quality of products.
I felt a sense of relaxation by just going up on their website with the sound of a bell chime every seven seconds, slowly fading out as Zen music slowly fades in, all while their products appear on screen in a relaxing slideshow. Though their selection is not as large as any of the other affiliate programs, they make up for it in quality, price and 30 day cookie.
- Signup URL: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com
- Focus: Everything for aromatherapy such as essential oils, diffusers, burners, reeds, candles, incense, diffuser jewelry, refill pendants, soaps, lotions, books, misters, homemade kits, oil blends
- Commissions: 8.5%
Comments: Technically when it comes to selection and affordable price, no one does it better than Amazon. The only reasons I did not select them as my number one choice is because of their 1 day cookie and lowest commission of every other program listed here. But being that Amazon is the go-to online place for shopping, they had to be number two.
With all of the various items associated with aromatherapy, even beyond essential oils and diffusers, absolutely no one can match in quantity and selection what Amazon offers. If you want to know which essential oils to use for a specific condition or how to use them, you have access to books and DVD guides to educate anyone on aromatherapy and its benefits to health.
- Signup URL: http://www.candlebay.com/affiliate
- Focus: Aromatherapy candles of all types and sizes, reed diffusers, aroma bath & body products, incense and holders, aroma lotions and shampoos, specialty and seasonal gift sets
- Commissions: 15%
Comments: Though many people associate aromatherapy with essential oils and diffusers, it consists of much more. Aroma candles and incense are also involved and can always be found within healing spas. This is the reason I have selected this affiliate program as my number three selection.
Candle Bay was started in June 2002 by two brothers and stocks some of the most unique candles you will find while offering them at a great price, making sure quality is not compromised. They have an above average 45 day cookie and offer some really unique aroma candle gift sets.
Other Affiliate Programs
- 25% and 5% on reorders
- Essential oils, natural herbal supplements, homeopathic medicine, blended aroma oils, mister diffusers
- Essential aromatherapy oils and oil blends for respiratory conditions, pain relief, depression, stress, weight loss, memory, energy and women specific issues
Mountain Rose Herbs
- Aromatherapy sprays, natural candles, aroma and essential oils, oil diffusers, essential oil kits and samplers, flower water, massage oils, bath products, teas, herbs and spices
- Atomizing, fan, USB, vaporizing and vehicle diffusers, essential oils, aroma jewelry, and diffuser parts and accessories
- Aromatherapy and Ayurveda incense from several different cultures around the world, aroma oils, oil burners, incense burners, essential oils, diffusers, candles, bath & body
- Diffusers, essential oils, floral water, incense, aromatherapy candles, soaps, lotions, Ayurveda and Homeopathy remedies
The Harmonious Mind
- 10% and 5% on all reorders
- Aromatherapy and essential oils, diffusers, aroma jewelry, floral water, bath & body, wellness teas
Aromatherapy Keywords Breakdown
10 Low Competition Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- how to relieve stress anxiety naturally – 146/1
- what is the best aromatherapy oils – 75/2
- where can i buy incense sticks – 192/6
- natural remedies for anxiety and insomnia – 64/12
- where to buy aromatherapy oils – 238/18
- sterling silver aromatherapy necklace – 80/19
- organic essential oil candles – 56/22
- aromatherapy bath body works – 96/28
- zaq allay aromatherapy essential oil diffuser – 152/37
- aromatherapy oils and their uses – 231/47
10 High Traffic Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- essential oil diffuser – 9804/210
- natural remedies for high blood pressure – 8105/249
- aromatherapy and essential oils – 6576/267
- herbal incense – 6380/236
- advantages of aromatherapy – 1600/256
- best scented candles – 1152/232
- essential oils wholesale – 1012/190
- aromatherapy bath product – 910/101
- aromatherapy necklace – 491/153
- aromatherapy for anxiety – 463/203
Why Is This Different From Google’s Number?
Though Google’s Keyword Tool has improved in recent years, it still gives inflated (inaccurate) traffic numbers. The keyword tool I use takes data from a variety of search engines, not just Google. Remember that Bing + Yahoo own 30% of the search market.
Other Great Keywords (high traffic, low competition)
- how to make essential oils – 969/188
- best essential oil diffusers – 791/114
- aromatherapy certification – 776/248
- natural remedies insomnia – 488/128
- cheap essential oils – 483/157
- aromatherapy oil diffuser – 359/164
- aroma oils and their uses – 72/2
- what is the best treatment for insomnia – 290/14
- aromatherapy necklace diffuser pendant – 120/31
- essential oil nebulizer diffuser – 136/37
- natural sleep remedies for insomnia – 88/38
- how to make aromatherapy candles – 112/39
- electric aromatherapy oil diffuser – 144/42
- essential oils candle making – 160/43
- natural remedies for arthritis in hands – 242/46
- uses of frankincense essential oil – 501/49
- aromatherapy diffuser necklaces – 112/50
- natural remedies for sinus congestion – 238/52
- best aromatherapy candles – 103/53
- zaq allay litemist aromatherapy essential oil diffuser blue – 1223/55
- how to make aromatherapy oils – 96/56
- home remedies for sinus headaches – 334/65
- online aromatherapy courses – 104/68
- doctors who practice integrative medicine – 146/71
- ceramic essential oil diffuser – 128/79
- essential oil car diffuser – 228/91
Affiliate Marketing Action Plan For Aromatherapy
The niche of aromatherapy can be a very exciting money making niche to get into, especially if you can narrow it down to a specific interest. Personally if I were to start in this niche I would focus in on the delivery mechanisms like diffusers, because it presents an immediate product you can focus on and promote.
Other than the simple inhalation of aroma essential oils from a burner or reed diffuser, I would target diffusers that offer a lot of functional and high tech features. As seen in the graph above, oil diffusers are very popular now, mainly because technology is making them more effective and functional home décor.
There are models to use for the car, jewelry, large, compact, and all kinds of designs that match different home decor styles. With many people targeting the scent-giving products themselves, I feel that less would focus on diffusers.
My number one affiliate program, Puzhen listed above, makes oil diffusers that embody all of those senses. Watch the below video review for one of their top creations.
Need Extra Help?
The aromatherapy niche is broad yet it still has great potential for turning in a profitable return.
If you are having difficulty in coming up with ways to get traffic to your website, to turn existing traffic into profit, or are not sure how to start, I highly recommend you create a free account at Wealthy Affiliate. Once inside, you will be among a thriving community of members from all over the world, learning and building their online businesses.
The focus of this community is teaching folks just like you to start their first online business, or help people that currently have online businesses actually start profiting from their websites. There's so much noise online with dated systems that no longer work, WA is a great tool to have to show you what strategies are current and “future proof”.
The Wealthy Affiliate training is thorough and detailed, yet easy to understand and implement. All lessons employ not just a task-based text tutorial but also teaches you by way of video walk-throughs. Absolutely everything you will need in operating a highly profitable online affiliate marketing website is all within Wealthy Affiliate. Click the image below to see what their training center is all about and how it can help you get your business off the ground and profitable!
Latest posts by Nathaniell (see all)
- Can You Really Make Money Doing Calligraphy On Etsy.com? - September 22, 2018
- 16 Companies That Pay You To Deliver Stuff - September 21, 2018
- Can You Really Make Money On Care.com? - September 21, 2018