GENERAL LOOK OF WEBSITE
Apply Here: https://www.onespace.com/freelancers/
OneSpace looks like a professional gig! They've got things organized into a client and freelancer side, and it's very easy to find where to apply. The site is populated with high quality images, big bold text, and is easy to navigate.
Were you successful landing a job
No! It appears they currently are not hiring.
How was the user experience?
I emailed a question about the qualifications links on October 12 and received a reply on October 15 saying that they weren’t working well and that they were suspending the program for now. In that time period, I had already explored the website, so I'll continue with what I have in my notes in case they decide to start hiring again later on, but for now, my #1 recommendation for new writers finding consistent work is Upwork.
How long did it take to set up a profile?
It took me a total of 55 minutes. That's real bummer considering they aren't actually hiring. That's the exact reason I write these reviews…to save you time. I got this write-for-hire recommendation from a listicle, but it turns out that their information was old. So what's taken me about 3 hours (including writing, note taking, and writing out this content), you can save yourself about 2:55 of that time LOL.
- I used my LinkedIN profile which generated content and used my photo. I could then edit the material.
- You can edit and add things. If you have a long bio then it comes out together in a jumbled lump with no spacing. This does not seem to be fixable.
- There is a section to add skills which run the gamut from the very basic ‘writer’ to ‘freelance writer with 10+ years experience.” And a host of other skills relating to writing, software, graphic design, SEO, programming.
- The Professional history takes you last job listed on LinkedIN.
The last sections asks:
- Weekly capacity in hours; lowest = under 5 hours, biggest is 40+ hours
- My target hourly rate is (any number) in $$
- During the week I log in (once- everyday)
- My target monthly earnings are: (any number)
- I am interested in the following jobs: Classification, categorizing; editing, harvesting, moderation, quality assurance, surveys and writing.
- I am interested in the following categories: animals and pets; art and literature, automotive, beauty and fashion, business and finance, education, food, geography, government and politics, health, hobbies and games, home and garden, movies, music tv, sports and fitness, technology
For your account you must have a verified Paypal account. Then you can choose your email preferences and what type of jobs you want to be notified about.
Was there competition? Was there regular work?
You cannot see work. It is chosen for you if you are appropriate. The “Find work’ search box is open, but you get no results.
On the dashboard you can see:
- This is where you can do various tasks to boost your qualifications BUT you can only take the tests show to you. In my case, Quality Assurance. Not super relevant.
NOTE: The QUA test was actually an English language test. It's meant to take 30-40 minutes and is multiple choice. It took me about 3 minutes. You must get at least 90% and you can do it up to three times.
- After completion there was supposed to be more tests available, but I couldn’t see any. I emailed support and received a reply 3 days later saying that they were having trouble with this part of the site and were suspending it for now.
- After doing some research on the member forum, it seems that there is much frustration with 1) the absence of work available for people who ARE qualified and HAVE taken the tests and 2) the fact that the tests are no longer available and new freelancers are not able to take anything but the Quality Assurance test.
Overall Communication & Client Experience
Overall, I was pretty frustrated. It wasn't clear if there was actual work, or how to apply to get work. Parts of the website weren't working, and they took 3 days to get back to me. Keep in mind, as with any freelancing website, it can take a certain amount of time to get accustomed to a new platform! However, I won't continue to search for work here. Perhaps this is one to revisit in the future. Have you landed jobs here or tried to? What was your experience? Leave a comment and let me know!
As a writer, you have an in-demand talent that can be used to earn you TONS of money online. Information is the currency of the internet! Learn how to create your own blog-style website and make money through advertising.
You can choose to promote affiliate products or just use general advertising that pays per click. Write daily on a topic you think is interesting, and you can make a bunch of money online doing what you love!
Latest posts by Nathaniell (see all)
- Can You Really Make Money Doing Calligraphy On Etsy.com? - September 22, 2018
- 16 Companies That Pay You To Deliver Stuff - September 21, 2018
- Can You Really Make Money On Care.com? - September 21, 2018