Affiliate Programs, Keyword Lists, and Niche Research for Fitness Equipment
Being that the niche of fitness is a very broad, popular and evergreen niche with many sub categories, it stands to reason that the niche of fitness equipment would be the same. When I use the term evergreen, I mean a niche that never goes out of style and that will always be popular with a large segment of the population.
An affiliate marketing website in an evergreen niche can be very profitable, especially when you narrow down and focus to a very specific part of the fitness equipment genre. In this post today I will show you how to do just that and give you some guidance in how to approach this very broad niche.
One thing is for certain, you should not have any problems coming up with either high traffic or low completion keywords. I had no problems finding them, especially when applying either brand name or gender into my searches. I am sure if you were to include color and other attributes, you could find even more.
Fitness in all of its many forms will forever be popular (evergreen). There will always be spikes in interests at the beginning of every year as many choose fitness for one of their New Years resolutions.
As I stated above, you will need to narrow down your niche to a specific sub niche of fitness equipment. I would suggest that one way to do this would be to focus on certain kinds of fitness training and workouts like those represented above in yoga for men or below with cardio exercises.
Then once you have decided on which kind of fitness routine you wish to target, you will want to look into all of the different kinds of equipment used in that form of fitness training. Remember, fitness equipment doesn’t just have to be the machinery apparatus like a treadmill, it can also be the shoes you wear for that particular kind of exercise.
I bet you never considered Nike running shoes to be fitness equipment, well it is, because they are especially needed for any kind of running fitness. Fitness equipment is a super broad niche and because of that, let me give you about a dozen sub niches to consider. Note, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to fitness equipment.
- Recumbent bikes
- Crossfit gear
- Yoga mats and foam rollers
- Weight lifting gear for women
- Running shoes for kids
- Medicine and stability balls
- Fitness tracking apps
- Punching and kickboxing bags
- Home gym equipment
- Heart rate monitors
- Exercise equipment for people with disabilities
Top 3 Affiliate Programs
Being that the fitness niche is not only an evergreen niche but a very broad one at that, I didn’t find a shortage of affiliate programs out there. Though there are many of them, I wanted to select the best I could find for those listed below, most importantly for my top three picks. It is easy to find programs that are similar, so I chose my first three for their uniqueness from each other.
I feel that the below programs represent not just affiliate programs with high commissions, the average commissions will fall into the 7% to 10% range with some higher and some lower, but they offer a broad range of fitness equipment and accessories. With the exception of two programs below, all of them offer a wide and in some cases, a complete range of fitness equipment from home gyms to apparel.
Once you choose a more specific topic for your own affiliate website, you may want to continue your search to find more appropriate or more targeted products for your audience.
- Signup URL: http://www.power-systems.com/t-affiliate
- Focus: Ellipticals, bikes, climbers, treadmills, home gyms, weight benches, resistance training, kickboxing, yoga and pilates equipment, weights, dumbbells, kettlebells, foam rollers, mats, jump ropes, ab rollers, medicine and stability balls, monitors, training DVDs, books and more
- Commissions: 10%
Comments: Power Systems, LLC is a leading provider of fitness and performance products and is known throughout the sports and fitness industries for its complete and diverse selection. Power Systems was founded in 1986 and is committed to quality products and services. I have chosen them as my number one pick because of their huge catalog of fitness related products.
Their website is very easy to navigate and you can quickly see all that they have to offer. In addition to all of the various fitness equipment, they also offer fitness training. Their affiliate program gives an above average 60-day cookie and excellent customer service. Power Systems cater to commercial and private facilities, high schools, colleges and professional sports teams, industry professionals, personal trainers, and physical therapists.
- Signup URL: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/affiliate
- Focus: Absolutely everything for the total fitness and health nutrition regimen including equipment like treadmills, incline trainers, stationary bikes, weight benches, free weights, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, home gyms, resistance training, monitors and tracking software and apps for computer and mobile, nutrition, coaching, training, cardio, pilates, yoga, accessories and so much more
- Commissions: 15% and 5% on re-orders
Comments: The reason I have chosen Bodybuilding.com as my number 2 selection has mainly to do with the uniqueness of this company. They are an eCommerce, fitness, and a technology company all rolled into one. They started as a technology company with a vision to become the best fitness company in the world and they achieved this highly! Not only do they sell all kinds of fitness equipment but they offer high tech training products like self-designed apps.
Though Bodybuilding.com only offers a 1-day cookie, their website is very informative, lots of self-designed fitness video training and a great user experience. They currently have 8 locations worldwide! U.S. locations include Nevada, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, Oregon, and their corporate HQ in Idaho, with satellite offices in the countries of Costa Rica and England.
- Signup URL: http://bodylastics.com/pages/affiliate-program
- Focus: Premium quality resistance bands in different strengths including clip bands, hand bands and flat bands, all featuring anti-snap technology, along with accessories such as hand and ankle straps, anywhere and door anchors
- Commissions: 20% to 25%
Comments: In 1994 Blake Kassel, Bodylastics' CEO was being certified for personal training and during the certification he heard multiple instructors praise the benefits of surgical tubing for resistance training. Though this kind of tubing was good for light training, it was not for strong individuals. So Blake invented the quick clip system, which would enable the user to add multiple bands for greater resistance. In 1998 the first Bodylastics system was launched.
I chose this company for my number 3 spot because of their product which is a leader in resistance fitness training, the how-to exercise workout videos on their website, the space-saving go-anywhere nature of their product, and their above average 180-day cookie and high commission rate. The ease of use with Bodylastic products makes resistance training and the equipment that comes with it an easy sell because your entire resistance gym can fit in a bag.
Other Affiliate Programs
- The Total Gym fitness all-in-one equipment models XLS, FIT, GTS and Supreme
- Treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes, rowers, recumbent bikes, adjustable benches, multi-station gyms, incline trainers, fitness mats
- Sole branded exercise bikes, recumbent bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, and rowing equipment
- Bowflex branded tread climbers, max trainers, home gym bench systems, body towers, adjustable workout benches, dumbbells, nutrition shakes, mats, scales, monitors, books, DVDs, exercise apparel, accessories for pilates and yoga
- 5% to 10%
- A massive catalog of fitness equipment for every sport and personal workout regimen, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, rowers, free weights, weight benches, recumbent bikes, jump ropes, yoga and exercise mats, foam rollers, kettlebells, resistance bands, incline trainers, home gyms, pilates, accessories, and apparel
Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Up to 4%
- A full line of exercise and fitness equipment and accessories for weight benches, free weights, dumbbells, kettlebells, home gyms, power towers, treadmills, exercise bikes, rowers, ellipticals, outdoor cycling, cycling gear, exercise balls, mats, resistance training, jump ropes, balance boards, trampolines, and so much more
- 3% to 7%
- Every kind of fitness equipment and accessories including exercise bikes, recumbent bikes, rowers, ellipticals, treadmills, incline trainers, stair steppers, home gyms, kettlebells, dumbbells, weight benches and weights, running and cycling gear, medicine and exercise balls, yoga mats, foam rollers, jump ropes, apparel, monitors, and more
Fitness Equipment Keywords Breakdown
10 Low Competition Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- used exercise equipment sale – 3957/5
- exercises with kettlebells for women – 56/7
- f63 sole treadmill reviews – 120/13
- jillian michaels nordictrack incline trainer – 132/25
- what is a fitbit flex – 154978/26
- benefits of recumbent exercise bikes – 128/29
- collapsible exercise bike – 104/40
- resistance band exercises for women = 806/42
- bowflex 3.1 weight bench – 707/44
- interlocking exercise mats – 174/80
10 High Traffic Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- what is a fitbit – 1976636/128
- exercise fitness equipment – 9898/177
- recumbent exercise bike – 8956/185
- concept 2 rowing machine – 7983/227
- sole treadmills – 6550/231
- thick exercise mats – 6327/108
- used gym equipment – 6195/136
- weight bench weights – 4005/186
- portable fitness equipment – 3153/204
- workout equipment for home – 1185/144
Why Is This Different From Google’s Number?
Though Google’s Keyword Tool has improved in recent years, it still gives inflated (inaccurate) traffic numbers. The keyword tool I use takes data from a variety of search engines, not just Google. Remember that Bing + Yahoo own 30% of the search market.
Other Great Keywords (high traffic, low competition)
- schwinn exercise bike
- cheap yoga mats
- arm exercises with weights
- used fitness equipment
- stamina body trac glider 1050 rowing machine
- sole treadmill
- exercise resistance bands
- nordictrack incline trainer
- home gym fitness equipment
- sole r92 recumbent exercise bike
- tricep exercises with dumbbells
- exercises with exercise ball
- does fitbit work
- schwinn recumbent exercise bikes
- nordictrack freestride trainer
Affiliate Marketing Action Plan For Fitness Equipment
When choosing your sub niche try to be as specific as possible. Like I have said before, fitness equipment does not have to be a big bulky machinery apparatus. For me, I'd like to capitalize on something trendy and in a growing market. Fitness apps and exercising tracking is definitely gaining momentum as the technology develops and our lives continue to get busier each year.. You can see from just the keyword research on it how popular the fitbit is.
- what is a fitbit – 1976636/128
- does fitbit work – 4031/70
The Fitbit is an activity tracker you wear like a watch that will measure your exercise, diet and sleep. It gives you all-day tracking of your activities and will aid you in your fitness routine. It keeps track of steps taken, distance, calories burned, active minutes, and lets you know how you are progressing towards your pre-defined goal that you can set up each day.
It is this kind of fitness equipment that I personally would select. It is a popular piece of high tech equipment that I feel is evergreen in and of itself in the evergreen niche of fitness. Because it is stylish, functional and motivational in the attempts of people for getting fit, I can see this being a hot item for quite some time.
PLUS, you can talk about a very broad range of things on your site like exercise programs, busy schedules, ideas to fit unique exercises and fun activities into your day, developments in the technology that runs the bands/apps, and of course lots and lots of comparisons!
Do people still buy BowFlex machines? I remember that was super popular when I was a kid but I never hear anything about it any more.
Need Extra Help?
What's up ladies and dudes! Great to finally meet you, and I hope you enjoyed this post. My name is Nathaniell and I'm the owner of One More Cup of Coffee. I started my first online business in 2010 promoting computer software and now I help newbies start their own businesses. Sign up for my #1 recommended training course and learn how to start your business for FREE!
Leave a Reply