Affiliate Programs, Keyword Lists, and Niche Research for Music
The music affiliate niche is another very broad niche with a wide variety of sub niches. This is great because it will be able to generate high profits whatever your particular passion is. I'll list a few potential options below. Practically everyone likes music, whether it is playing it or listening to it on the stereo, just as I am right now.
Music is probably one of the two entertainment mediums that everyone enjoys at least once a week. Music gets a party started and keeps it going. It helps to inspire and to relax the mind. People will always listen to music, whether it be in the car, at home on their stereo, or going to concerts. Music is a part of our fabric and that makes it a great niche to be in.
The most interesting thing about music is that it appeal to everyone, but in a different way! Someone looking to lift weights to badass rock songs has different motivation that someone meditating, and they are both going to be different from a kid trying to learn the drums, an adult who wants to restore vintage electric guitars, or a person that wants to be a DJ and land live gigs in his/her local area.
The ways we listen to music today in the digital age is far different than 10 years ago. Though many of the old ways like vinyl records and cassette tapes are still used in ever decreasing numbers, digital downloads like that from Google Play Music or other sources like Apple iTunes, are the new norm in how people access music.
Don't forget though, vinyl music would be an awesome website topic. These types of audiophiles are seriously passionate about their hobby.
When it comes to the producing of music in the studio and even on your home computer, many will use software programs such as Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). These can be as simple as a software program on a laptop up to an entire system of multiple components hooked up to a central computer, with a majority of them using some form of digital keyboard.
With the multitude of variations in interests that can be applied to the music niche, coming up with a profitable sub niche should not be a problem, and I will list several below. However you will have to think a little bit outside of the box when coming up with low competition keywords. I found plenty of the high traffic variety, but low competition were twice as hard to find.
But other than finding low competition keywords, coming up with a narrowed down niche should not be that hard because there are plenty different interests associated with the music niche. So without further ado, here is a list of only a dozen different sub niches of music.
- Electronic drum kits
- Music production
- Grateful Dead memorabilia
- Virtual sheet music downloads
- MIDI digital controllers
- Gibson guitars and parts
- Piano restoration and tuning
- Online music lessons
- Digital audio workstation software
- How to play heavy metal guitar
- Concert tickets
- DJ equipment
There are even more sub niches available especially when going through the different genres of music like Alternative Rock, Jazz, Hip Hop, etc. The same can be said for band and musical artist specific items or the types of musical instruments. Some timeless bands like The Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones, and Pink Floyd (can you tell I'm a rock fan?) have so much history surrounding them that YES, you could potentially make your entire business about being a fan.
Top 3 Music Related Affiliate Programs
In my research of this niche I found a lot of different music affiliate programs all offering products from a variety of musical interests. My top three selections are based on their higher commission payments and representations of certain sub niches. For example, my #1 selection offers mainly musical instruments and equipment, #2 sheet music downloads and lessons, and #3 music CDs, vinyl and DVDs.
As for the remaining seven affiliate programs, they are listed in the order of higher to lower commission payment. Most of them offer similar products as the top three affiliate programs. However the first two of the seven are in a niche specific to themselves. I tried to select programs that covered as many different musical interests as possible. So let us get started.
Sam Ash Music
- Signup URL: http://www.samash.com/info/program-overview
- Focus: Every kind of instrument and the accessories for them, a diverse selection of DAW software, vinyl records, music CDs, stereos, turntables, headphones, sheet music, amplifiers, studio equipment, cases, apparel, books, DVDs, music lessons, you name it Sam Ash Music sells it.
- Commissions: 7% to 10%
Comments: Sam Ash Music has been serving musicians since its start in 1924. Sam Ash will always claim, “We don't just serve musicians — we are musicians.” The reason I have selected them as my #1 selection mainly comes from the fact that they have an awesome track record of musical knowledge and superior customer service.
Sam Ash Music has a very slick and user friendly website and they offer practically everything under the sun that you can think of when it comes to the niche of music. They also have the highest commission percentage of a retailer in their class and offer a 30-day cookie. I have many friends who are musicians, and all of them shop at Sam Ash Music’s online store.
Virtual Sheet Music
- Signup URL: https://affiliates.virtualsheetmusic.com
- Focus: Sheet music for a dozen difference types of instruments including ensembles, in over 70 different genres (styles) of music. Also offered are online music lessons.
- Commissions: 30%
Comments: Virtual Sheet Music gives instant results because all their digital sheet music products are instantly downloadable, resulting in instant commissions. Their commission is very high at 30% on all sales and their cookie tracking is an amazing 30 years. Referred Members to their online program that are linked through your Affiliate nickname have a lifetime cookie.
Because of the uniqueness of what they offer, sheet music downloads of practically every kind of music genre, their high commission, and lifetime cookie, I have chosen Virtual Sheet Music as my #2 selection. Their website has an extensive listing of sheet music downloads yet is simple to browse.
- Signup URL: http://www.cduniverse.com/partner
- Focus: CD, vinyl and MP3 downloads from current and older musical artists, music videos and DVDs, music books, games, toys, action figures, puzzles, and apparel
- Commissions: 10%
Comments: CD Universe was established in 1996. They are the leading internet retailer specializing in the sale of domestic and imported music CDs, movies and video games to customers all over the world. I have chosen CD Universe as my #3 selection because they are the classic online music store.
With a wide selection of products that are music oriented, this will help to give your website visitors a diverse selection of products to purchase. The CD Universe website is user friendly with a simple yet effective design. They have a decent commission set at 10% and a tracking cookie of 30-days.
Other Affiliate Programs
- Digital music downloads for independent and local musical artists who are not signed to any record labels
- Millions of songs and thousands of apps for download as well as books, movies, TV shows and more
American Musical Supply
- Guitars, bass, keyboards, drum sets, amplifiers, mixers, DJ equipment, studio microphones, digital recorders, speakers, headphones, software, cables and more
- Guitars, bass, drum sets, MIDI keyboards, DAW software, amplifiers, DJ & recording studio equipment, microphones, instrument cases, speakers, accessories and more
- New and used music CDs, vinyl records and DVDs of new releases, current and oldies
- New and used music CDs, vinyl records and cassette tapes of new releases, current and oldies spanning 9 different music genres
- Guitars, banjos, mandolins, drums, keyboards, trumpets, flutes, saxophones, DAW software, MIDI, amplifiers, DJ & studio equipment, instrument cases, GoPro, accessories and much more
Music Keywords Breakdown
10 Low Competition Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- what is the best beginner electric guitar – 330/7
- sony bluetooth headphones review – 80/10
- top 10 rock songs all time – 242/15
- online music lessons for kids – 80/17
- what is the best digital audio workstation – 136/21
- when did rap music start – 160/23
- gibson guitars on ebay – 192/26
- basic drum beats sheet music 56/7
- player piano restoration california 40/2
- cheap electronic drum kits – 144/40
10 High Traffic Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- how to learn guitar online 796/64
- 80s music videos – 5322/238
- free dubstep making software 8951/26
- electronic drum set – 7978/160
- old country music songs 788/76
- how to sell vinyl records online 235/22
- sony bluetooth headphones – 6179/190
- home recording studio setup 295/148
- youtube music video promotion 290/25
- royalty free background music 1215/1215
Why Is This Different From Google’s Number?
Though Google’s Keyword Tool has improved in recent years, it still gives inflated (inaccurate) traffic numbers. The keyword tool I use takes data from a variety of search engines, not just Google. Remember that Bing + Yahoo own 30% of the search market.
Other Great Keywords (high traffic, low competition)
- listen to christmas music – 5206/152
- acoustic electric guitar – 3958/147
- latest music videos – 3270/244
- electronic drum kit – 3132/183
- how to read sheet music – 3085/183
- sheet music online – 2757/272
- what is the best acoustic guitar – 2709/104
- top 100 hip hop songs – 1162/187
- yamaha electronic keyboard – 1058/106
- sheet music for download – 938/160
- listen to music free online – 849/112
- yamaha electric piano – 659/158
- music lessons for kids – 610/223
- logitech wireless bluetooth headphones – 88/46
- online guitar lessons for kids – 136/61
- grateful dead tie dye t shirts – 112/66
- free music downloads for pc – 4021/71
- free sheet music for piano – 3420/77
- reading sheet music for beginners – 139/79
- cheapest bluetooth headphones – 80/80
- listen to christmas music online – 727/83
- learn how to play the guitar online – 303/83
- best electronic drum kit – 89/83
- piano sheet music for beginners – 984/84
- top 10 electric guitars – 136/88
- baby grand pianos for sale – 598/93
Affiliate Marketing Action Plan For Music
There are so many good ideas that I had while researching this topic! Player piano restoration, vinyl record collecting, making your own electronic music, how to promote your own music online, how to make your own music videos for YouTube, how to start your own wedding DJ business….and I forgot a bunch more.
But for beginners, I think it's easiest to focus on a clear goal: Selling a product. In this case, bluetooth headphones. I searched far and wide for upward trends in Google analytics, and couldn't find much. The only graph which really grabbed my attention as a niche I just gotta get into was this:
As the graph shows, the interest in Bluetooth headphones not only spikes every year around the holidays but is consistently on the rise. No longer do you need to use headphones with long cables that keep you attached to the music player. Because of this, Bluetooth headphones are very popular. The prices of quality headphones can range from $100 to $600.
You can use them on your way to work, you can use them at the gym, you can use them to play video games…a lot of different types of people will use them for different reasons. In other words, there's a lot to write about!
You could even branch out into things like bluetooth speakers for home entertainment systems, and other bluetooth audio systems. Cha-ching!
You of course could write many kinds of reviews on the various types and brands of Bluetooth headphones. I use headphones at the gym. They currently use wires. I bought some bluetooth earbuds recently and not only were they uncomfortable and kept falling out, but they broke in two weeks. I wish I had read more reviews before buying!
- Sony Bluetooth headphones review – 80/10
- Logitech wireless Bluetooth headphones – 88/46
- Cheapest Bluetooth headphones – 80/80
- Sony Bluetooth headphones – 6179/190
- best bluetooth headphones gym 128/19
- bluetooth headphones running waterproof 72/9
- jaybird bluebuds x sport bluetooth headphones review 88/40
- ….and thousands more keywords just based on activities and reviews of brands/models!
These are just a small sampling of keywords I could use for this particular niche, and if you were to go to any of the websites listed above, I am sure you could find more. There are many famous brands that make Bluetooth headphones, with Bose being my personal favorite. To learn more, here is a brief review for the top Bluetooth headphones in 2015.
Need Extra Help?
Learning how to create your website within your chosen niche can sometimes be overwhelming at first to some people, and that is totally understandable. Keyword research and SEO can really trip some people up! When coming up with your approach in this niche of music, if you to run into some roadblocks, I have an excellent recommendation for folks that want some training and guidance while building their business.
The best thing you can do, which I did myself many years ago, is to join Wealthy Affiliate as a free starter member and have immediate access to the many different website and online business building resources. The members of the community can help you to narrow down your nice and even give you guidance.
The Wealthy Affiliate training has been simplified to make the learning process easy to understand even for the complete newbie. Even if you do have some experience, it's hard to turn down an awesome community of folks just like you that you can turn to for help and advice.
You will have access to live chat 24/7/365 and direct access to me should you need it. If you are willing to apply what you have learned and this sounds like the opportunity for you, click the below picture to get started.