Affiliate Programs, Keyword Lists, and Niche Research for Best Hosting
This niche is unique in that it does not follow the standard format that the majority of the niches I have reviewed in this niche research series have followed. The best hosting niche affiliate programs rarely pay a percentage for their commissions but rather a flat dollar amount, which when you add a couple of them together can be a nice wad of green in your wallet.
For instance, one of the affiliate programs I have listed below pays out a maximum of a $300.00 commission for a referral. Imagine if you made two referrals who bought the highest priced hosting solution. That is a $600.00 commission payment coming your way, and from only two referrals.
Website hosting is not only a widely sought after solution but can be quite lucrative with the right service. One thing you need to consider is that web hosting serves everyone from the lone affiliate marketer like yourself, to small local businesses that want to get ranked in Google, and all the way up to major companies like Starbucks. Everyone who has or wants an online presence needs hosting services.
Though I do not necessarily advocate GoDaddy as an affiliate program to join, I just wanted to use the above graph to show you a familiar hosting company to demonstrate interest in web hosting in general. “Hosting” can mean many things outside the internet! As more and more people are getting blogs and starting online businesses, getting hosting is an absolute must. The growth of the internet means growth of hosting possibilities!
Now when it comes to hosting, many companies offer a variety of solutions at different price ranges and sizes to fit the needs and budget of the individual. As new technologies emerge so does the world of website hosting with popular upgrades to the general dedicated shared servers with the likes of VPS (Virtual Private Servers) and Cloud.
One of the fastest growing website platform demographics are those like myself who own multiple WordPress websites. Many from newbie bloggers, to veteran internet marketers, to big companies are using WordPress. Providing hosting solutions specific to WordPress is quite profitable for many reasons.
The above graph represents the worldwide interest in my number one listed affiliate program below. WP Engine is a well-known and respected WordPress dedicate hosting company. Though they are an exciting hosting site to join, and you will soon read why, at the end of this post I will be giving you my ultimate recommendation for a hosting service you will love.
Top 3 Affiliate Programs
When it comes to selecting which affiliate program you wish to join I would advise you to do your due diligence because most if not all of the programs below offer the same thing – website hosting. And because all of the following programs provide hosting solutions to their customers, they do differ in some respects such as price and quality of service.
The majority of the following affiliate programs below may not seem familiar to you by name but that does not mean they are of low quality. On the contrary some of the names you probably have heard of do fall into that lower quality category. Companies like GoDaddy (which didn’t make the list) and Hostgator at #9 below are normally not one’s I would recommend.
Though they do tend to have prices that will attract those on a lower budget, sometimes their quality of service can suffer. Like the saying goes, you get what you paid for. Of the affiliate programs I have chosen below, the top three are my favorites for a few reasons. They have high commission payments, two of the three actually have cookie durations, and they have a big portfolio of clients.
- Signup URL: https://wpengine.com/affiliate
- Focus: Five different WordPress hosting plans starting from $29 per month, with 24/7 support, daily backups, firewall, malware scan, ever-cache, 1-click restore, SSL ready, CDN ready
- Commissions: $200 or 100% of the first month's payment (whichever is higher)
Comments: Out of all the hosting companies I have listed in this part of the post, WP Engine is by far my most favorite. Perhaps it is because of their dedicated hosting of WordPress websites, generous commission plan, extremely high 180 day cookie (only one other program offers a cookie duration), or maybe it has to do with their slick looking website. Actually it is all of the above.
WP Engine provides best-in-class customer service on top of innovation-driven technology. This is why over 30,000 customers in 120 countries have chosen them for their WordPress hosting needs. They have great testimonials from many of their well-known clients like AMD, SoundCloud, Texas A&M University, and Yelp just to name a few.
The WP Engine website will be a great attraction for those with WordPress websites looking for hosting solutions. Individuals, small business startups, and established companies are using WordPress, which is a fast growing demographic in the internet space. I thoroughly enjoyed browsing their website and I feel that this would be one of the better programs to affiliate with.
IX Web Hosting
- Signup URL: https://www.ixwebhosting.com/affiliate-program
- Focus: Shared web hosting, VPS, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, Windows hosting, Linux hosting, domains, 24/7 support and live chat
- Commissions: $150 (1st 7 days of hosting is free)
Comments: IX Web Hosting has come a long way since their start in 1999 when they began supporting their first hosting customers on a server in someone's living room. Since then they have grown into a global hosting company with clients all over the world. What does this say about IX Web Hosting? It says they are determined to make themselves one of the best hosting companies around and know how to operate at all levels of growth.
IX Web Hosting says on their website, “Every webhost offers a 30-day money back guarantee, but who offers completely free hosting? We do. For a full week, you can kick the tires, take her out for a spin, and see how she handles in the straights – for no charge. Seriously. We won't charge your card until after the 7 day trial period, and if you cancel before it's up – you will never be billed.” Now that, along with their 45 day cookie, gets my vote for the number 2 spot.
Lunarpages Internet Solutions
- Signup URL: http://affiliate.lunarpages.com/affiliates
- Focus: Private and scalable cloud hosting, WordPress, Windows, and Linux hosting, dedicated and managed shared hosting, and wide range of services for large corporate business hosting solutions
- Commissions: Up to $300
Comments: My number three selection is Lunarpages Internet Solutions and they got their start in 1998 establishing themselves as an enterprise-level IT Solutions company and global web hosting provider for established industry leaders, small businesses, and individuals. They have data centers in modern secure facilities located in San Diego and Irvine, California; Las Vegas, Nevada; Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; and Ashburn, Virginia.
Other than all of the hosting solutions offered, Lunarpages Internet Solutions has made the top three selections for two reasons. Of all 10 affiliate programs they have the highest payout commission. Normally that doesn't matter too much to me, but in this particular niche and with the big name companies who use Lunarpages, I felt they deserve #3.
Their client portfolio is impressive with companies such as, Tupperware, Lockheed Martin, Sheraton Hotel & Resorts, CBS, Verizon, Nissan, Motorola, University of Michigan, Sony, and several others. With that kind of roster of big-named clients, I can see it being a plus for the affiliate marketer. People will be attracted to a hosting provider that services major corporations.
Other Affiliate Programs
- Up to $150
- WordPress, e-commerce, dedicated, and VPS hosting, domain, website, marketing, and email management services
- Up to $125
- Web, cloud and dedicated hosting plans, WordPress hosting on all plans with auto-updates, SuperCacher, WP staging and Git integration
- $75 to $150 based on amount of referrals + 10% of sales from any affiliates you referred
- Website, shared SSD, reseller VPS, reseller cloud, Windows VPS, Linux VPS, and dedicated hosting, domains and web design
- $50 to $150 + $25 Bonus
- Business, VPS, WordPress, managed, and reseller hosting, dedicated servers with free SSDs, web design services, domains
- $50 to $100 based on amount of referrals
- WordPress, reseller, VPS, and dedicated hosting, the most eco-friendly web hosting service in existence today
- $50 to $125 depending on amount of referrals
- WordPress, VPS, dedicated, reseller, and cloud hosting, Linux and Windows dedicated servers, domains, 4,500 free website templates
- Managed WordPress and VPS hosting, “DreamCompute” cloud servers with cloud storage and computing, domains
Best Hosting Keywords Breakdown
10 Low Competition Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- get free hosting for a website – 88/5
- the top website hosting services – 121/14
- top virtual private server hosting – 4682/25
- best web hosting small business – 753/36
- virtual private server reviews – 903/42
- website hosting design services – 203/43
- free wordpress hosting sites – 104/55
- small business website hosting services – 181/59
- yahoo business web hosting – 453/73
- best web hosting service – 4111/99
10 High Traffic Keywords (Searches/QSR)
- hosting for a website – 8142/188
- best free web hosting – 5973/276
- web hosting sites – 5195/254
- top 10 web hosting – 4825/259
- cheap dedicated server hosting – 4185/255
- what is the best web hosting service – 4111/165
- free website building and hosting – 3296/135
- cloud hosting comparison – 3084/189
- web hosting reviews – 2925/265
- windows virtual private server hosting – 1017/164
Why Is This Different From Google’s Number?
Though Google’s Keyword Tool has improved in recent years, it still gives inflated (inaccurate) traffic numbers. The keyword tool I use (link) takes data from a variety of search engines, not just Google. Remember that Bing + Yahoo own 30% of the search market.
Other Great Keywords (high traffic, low competition)
- windows vps hosting
- cloud virtual private server
- best web hosting sites
- top hosting companies
- wp engine hosting review
- best blog hosting sites
- virtual private server hosting windows
- managed cloud hosting
- best business web hosting
- small business website hosting
- low cost virtual private server hosting
- best free web hosting sites
- cheap linux vps hosting
- web hosting for business
Affiliate Marketing Action Plan For Best Hosting
Personally, I think there are three routes you could potentially go with this niche. One, is pretty obvious – just do a hosting review website, where you compare different hosting solutions for different type of needs. Not much to say about that one.
Another one, is teaching people how to build a website. For example, you can teach people how to make basic WordPress websites, then funnel people into your recommended hosting section. Though “hosting” isn't your main niche, it can be a way to monetize your “how to build a website” website.
The last, and most creative one, is to teach people how to start an online business about a specific topic. For example, you could teach people how to start a foodie blog, or a fitness blog, and then funnel people to your recommended hosting. The cool thing about that is that a lot of visitors won't even blink an eye when you recommend a hosting company that you use! You just have to say, “this is the company I use, so if you want to follow my footsteps, then sign up!”
When I ran my podcast last year, this is how the guy giving away free podcasting lessons did it, and he definitely made a commission from me signing up to his podcast hosting company. BTW, that's a micro-niche to consider!
Need Extra Help?
I am sure you are probably excited about getting started in making some serious money in this niche, but first there is a bit of planning you need to do before jumping in with both feet. Even though this niche is fairly simple to grasp, you want to make sure you chart your course on the right path to help you maximize your potential rankings and earnings.
This is where a little extra training and help will help to steer you down the correct road. One of the many best parts about this training is the inclusion of free WordPress website hosting! That is right, I said free hosting for WordPress websites, including 10 online training lessons to get you started.
The place where all of this happens is called Wealthy Affiliate and it is here that I have learned much of what I know today in my affiliate marketing journey. Once you become a free member you will have immediate access to 10 online training lessons in how to build 2 WordPress websites and how to make money with them.
In addition, you will get one of the best hosting solutions available on the web today, with an assortment of security options and full website backups every day. When the time comes for you to choose a domain name, Wealthy Affiliate has that covered too. To learn more and get started, click the below picture and I’ll see you on the other side.
Latest posts by Nathaniell (see all)
- Can You Really Make Money With The S’more App? - March 23, 2018
- Top 5 LMS Plugins For Creating Learning Environments in WordPress - March 21, 2018
- Top 10 WordPress Polling Plugins For Engagement, Feedback, and Fun! - March 21, 2018