I've been on a mission to expand my social media presence on Google plus, and last night I was browsing some of the ‘online business' related communities. As you might expect, the prospects of getting these so-called “million dollar programs” in front of more eyeballs are simply too much for scammers to resist, so each and every community that has anything to do with money in the slightest way has been spammed by marketers in one way or another, one of which was the Internet Lifestyle Network.
(I use spam in the broad sense of the word – and I mean here to say that it's unsolicited content meant to promoted a product or service)
To be fair, how I found out about the Internet Lifestyle Network was through a Google+ community a couple started with honest enough intentions. They created a community called Online Business Ideas, with the premise that people would share their ideas with the group. Sounds good. This review is not about them.
But of course, I watched their video, and immediately I could smell MLM. I just knew there was a scheme involved. Here are some of the things that sent my red flags up.
- Using the words “Million Dollars”
- Using the words “Inside” and “movement” (other indicators could be words like program, network, mastermind group, or other things that express exclusivity
- Telling me how amazing the program is without telling me what it does
OK, enough about them. So I investigated the product itself. On the actual product page, there are more things that should warn you about that the Internet Lifestyle Network is not a real business. It's a ‘scheme'. By scheme, I mean that it's a program full of various rules, achievements, upgrades, and other useless stuff meant to get money in any way except actually selling products and services.
Do you really want to buy an “Amazing New Product” form a shirtless guy drawing pictures on a whiteboard?
Yes, you do. I don't. But I know you do.
I've reviewed MLM products before, and no matter how clearly I spell things out for people, there are still a huge number of them that refuse to take my advice and join anyway. The temptation is too much.
Heck, why not join?
It will make you a MILLIONAIRE
And guess what, it's offered for a limited time only, so you better go buy it right now!
I'm watching the video now…LOL. There's that buzz word “mastermind”. I told you it was coming. Oh, and this deal is soooooo good that they can never do it again. Well, I'd better sign up…NOT!
So go ahead. Sign up. I know you want to. For me, I'll pass. I'm not that worried about paying $14.95 for an ‘exclusive membership' and free alcohol on a party bus (yes, that's one of the ways they try to get you to sign up).
So, at this point I'm guess you are one of three people:
1) A person that's promoting for the Internet Lifestyle Network and will leave a comment telling me how ignorant I am, and how you are making so much money from this.
2) Still confused about what it is and how you make money with it, but are hooked into the idea that making money on the internet is going to be fast and easy – you just need the right program
3) Can now clearly see that the Internet Lifestyle Network is just another hyped and cleverly promoted MLM program designed to funnel you into more and more upsells until you ‘go all in' or quit and leave them your money.
Let me ask you this: If you are going to spend time growing a downline, creating a blog to funnel traffic to your list, setting up an autoresponder, sending out promotions, and all the stuff that goes along with a full blow MLM campaign, wouldn't you rather invest your time and energy into a legitimate business?
Click Image To ZoomMLM is a pyramid scheme with products. That's it. It's still a pyramid scheme. You will not be with the same MLM program forever. Most likely, you will hop between programs, paying thousands of dollars each year to buy into them. If eventually you grow your downline to a big enough size that you can consistently make money from it, you will then be making THEM jump from program to program, costing THEM thousands of dollars per year trying to grow their downlines.
Does that sounds legit to you? Not to me.
Update: See inside the Internet Lifestyle Network from someone who actually bought into it.
Invest your time, money, energy, blood, sweat, and tears into a real business. Learn how to create a website, learn how to find products that people want, and learn how to get your website found in Google. It's that simple, and best of all, you are creating VALUE for people, not trying to bleed their wallets dry.
Whatever type of product you decide to promote, it's important to own your own website to grow your business.
Parties only work if you have a network of friends with money in their pockets. Network marketing only works if your friends are interested in joining business opportunities.
With a website you can reach the entire world, and only promote great products to people interested in what you have to say. Plus, you open up doors to multiple streams of revenue like affiliate sales, ad click revenue, paid advertising, and even selling your own digital products.
Latest posts by Nathaniell (see all)
- Top 5 LMS Plugins For Creating Learning Environments in WordPress - March 21, 2018
- Top 10 WordPress Polling Plugins For Engagement, Feedback, and Fun! - March 21, 2018
- Top 10 News Plugins To Turn Your Basic Blog To A Online News Source - March 21, 2018