Product Name: Site Flipping Riches
Product Owner: Online Traffic Victory
Advertised Price: $10
What is it?
Site Flipping Riches is a course that teaches the basic principles of buying and selling websites.
Site Flipping Riches is a very basic product that probably won’t help most people. If you know anything about marketing or online business this product is too basic. If you’re a total newbie, you can save yourself the money and find the information online for free. Put simply, Site Flipping Riches isn’t worth your investment.
Before You Buy
In Site Flipping Riches, you’re taught to use Adsense as a way to monetize a website. The reality is, Adsense is very difficult unless you’ve got some experience with it. Recently I found a product that I believe does a great job of explaining using adsense to monetize a website to its fullest potential.
FAT Stacks Authority Site
In my recent review of Fat Stacks Authority Site I rated the product a 94 out of 100 — a score that’s not easily earned.
If you decide you want to get into buying and selling websites, the information in this product will help you a lot. It contains information that will be priceless to you whether you’re flipping sites, or creating an online authority.
Another great product related to flipping websites is Niche Flipper, which scored a 90/100! It's all about finding cool niches, improving upon mediocre products to create a money-generating business, the selling the businesses at a profit.
What I Liked
There is one thing that might be helpful to you.
You Can Learn the Raw Basics
The product is laid out on a members-only website where you will get access to five videos. The videos are stacked one on top of the other, so it’s easy to see what to do, and what order to watch them in.
Each video is about ten minutes long and discusses one element of buying and selling websites.
If you are interested in buying and selling websites for profit, and you don’t know anything about it, Site Flipping Riches can provide you with some valuable basic information.
If, however, you’re looking for a more advanced course on the topic, you would be better off looking elsewhere.
What I Didn't Like
Here are some important things to consider before buying Site Flipping Riches.
The Creator’s Preference for Anonymity
I had some trouble trying to find the creator of this product. All I got when I bought it was “Online Traffic Victory”.
After a bit of research I found the name “Michael” but no last name.
When someone creates an informational product without using their real name it always throws up some red flags for me. If you’re creating a product that’s supposed to help people, why wouldn’t you use your real name?
I’ve found there’s only one reason: Quality.
Nobody wants to put their real name on a product that they know is low quality. And that’s exactly what “Michael” did with Site Flipping Riches.
Now, some of you that know my website will say, “Hey man, you use fake name too!” Not really the same thing IMO. I use my middle name as a pen name, and am easily searchable in Google, as well as active on many social media channels, and I take responsibility for all my work.
There’s really nothing spectacular about Site Flipping Riches. The information inside is very basic, and hard to take action on with no real concrete steps to follow.
My guess is, if you wanted to learn about buying and selling websites you would start off with a few quick searches online, like most people do when they want to learn something new. In those initial searches you could learn everything you find in this product (and probably more).
I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with providing basic information to those in need of it. But there are some problems with it.
- Most people buy a product because they are hoping to take their knowledge to the next level — the level beyond a “basic understanding”.
- Basic informational products are full of theories. Unfortunately, most theories are based on circumstances which often change for each person when put to the test. This creates the typical result of an info-product creator that never tries his strategies, and make his money by writing down what everyone else is supposedly having success with.
Plus, there’s no need to pay for basic information when thousands of people are giving it away.
Buying and selling websites is a tough business. There are a lot of entrepreneurs who do it all day everyday. To be successful at it you will have to compete with them. That means you will need a budget, and a big one at that.
Simple websites can go for thousands of dollars, depending on a number of different factors. It’s your job to know if you’re getting a good deal, and one that you can profit from. That means you’re going to need lots of tools. I don’t know all the tools you’ll need, but the ones I do know of aren’t cheap.
You’ll need things to help you check a website’s appearance, optimization and marketability. You will need to do tons of research before ever buying your first website, so that means upfront costs. All these are additional costs that “Michael” never mentions in any of his videos.
He makes seem like you can find simple websites cheaply and turn them into instant money-makers. That’s not true.
My Personal Experience
I have tried to buy and sell websites over the years with poor results.
1. I purchased a pre-made beer themed website from Flippa for $100, which included an Amazon plugin. 5 months later, my pages were still not indexed properly and I could not figure out what was wrong with the website. I scrapped it and started fresh on a brand new WordPress install.
2. I created a niche website called buyediblegold.com. It made about $50 over the course of a year, and I was losing interest. I figured the site showed potential, and came pre-packaged with content written by me, a native English speaker. It was an interesting topic, and I even mapped out a potential content strategy in the sales page of the website.
The highest bid I got was $5, which didn't even cover the cost of the domain, let alone the listing fees. I did not re-list it, and the website expired.
3. Did you know that a website that earns will sell for almost 20x (or more) monthly earnings? If a site is earning just $100/month consistently you can expect to pay $2000 for it. Have you got that kind of cash on you?
Obviously my failure is not representative of the industry as a whole. I'm sure some people are very successful at it. But based on what I know, and what I read in this guide, this is not going to turn anyone rich any time soon.
Why invest your time and money into another fly by night company when you could join the internet's most trusted online business community? They’ve been around since 2005, and they’re always ahead of the curve. Take a look at how they shaped my transformation from a low-paid English teacher to a full time internet marketer.
Instead of starting out flipping websites, why not learn how to build them first! Create your first online business, learn how the biz works, then you can be a much savvier buyer and seller.
Latest posts by Nathaniell (see all)
- Weebly's Website Building Affiliate Program Review - August 15, 2018
- Amazon Affiliate Program Review: Are They “Old News”, Or Still Rockin' It? - August 14, 2018
- Fossil's Authentic Watch Affiliate Program Review - August 14, 2018