Get Bizy Episode 01: Hangouts 101 Show Notes + Summary:
Each week we’ll give you our take on things you can do to grow your business. We won’t have time to take a deep dive into most of the subjects but we will do our best to show you why the topic is important and inspire you to seek out more information. Between Nate and I we have a ton of resources and we will provide helpful links in the show notes (YouTube) after the show.
This weeks topic is Hangouts 101.
4 Things we’d like you to get out of todays show:
- There are 2 types of hangouts and each one has its strengths and quirks.
- Hangouts have some cool apps that you can use to enhance the experience.
- Practical Business Uses for Hangouts That will Grow Your Business
- Hangout Etiquette
Question for Nate:
What are the two types of hangouts and what quirks have you run into in each one? We spent a lot of time here asking questions and looking for solutions.
- Issues with chat vs hangout: What's the difference?
- Nate the stalker
- Where the hell is my invite?!
- Inviting circles to a hangout
Question for Jim:
What are some important features of hangouts and how can they be used to improve the user experience?
- Screen Share – Adds a visual component/ talking points. Enhances communication, reviews, trouble shooting etc. Just like being in the same room
- Chat – Good way to talk to other people in the hangout without being disruptive to the group
- Tool Box (Lower Third, Comment Tracker) – Branding
- Google Drive – Docs, Spreadsheets, drawings, Again good review tool
- Q/A – Get questions and comments from the viewers
- Studio Pro – Manage the Hangout and allocate responsibilities
Question for Nate & Jim
What are some ways that businesses can use hangouts to take it to the next level? Durr. Jim asked me this question and I froze. I had no idea what to say, but I recovered after Jim took the lead. LOL
- It’s Free!!!!
- Easy to connect with others (think peers, clients, Influencers in business, employees etc)
- Collaboration- Use Screenshare and Google Drive for presentations, troubleshooting, training, coaching, teaching etc.
- Establish Authority and Get your Business Known
- Create Amazing Content Painlessly – HOA’s are recorded and downloaded immediately onto YouTube. If you want to split the HOA into smaller pieces you can record it, download, edit, and re-purpose!!!!
- Showcase your business – Do demo’s, cooking shows, client testimonials, etc.
- Create Webinars/ Meetings online/ Workshops/ Training Sessions
- Hold a press conference
Question for Nate & Jim
So Why is Hangout Etiquette Important and what are some examples?
- Mute your mic – prevents feedback and hearing background noise
- Mute your camera If you step out of the room or take a phone call. Minimize this
- Respect others in the hangout. – The Golden Rule
- Don’t hog the camera
- Be Social, Network and Have fun!
FierceFind of the Week: BusinessHangouts.com
NatesNicheFinder: Leather Goods
Starting a new business, pivoting your business, or want to give your current business a complete makeover?
We’ll be discussing effective ways to generate business ideas for each of these scenarios.
Latest posts by Nathaniell (see all)
- Top 10 WordPress Pricing Table Plugins For Better Sales Pages - April 26, 2018
- Can You Really Make Money With The EJury Website? - April 23, 2018
- 10 Home & Garden Network Marketing Companies To Combine Hobbies & Income - April 21, 2018